Jul 8, 2008

4th of July Parade

Small town parade

Having the Coast Guard here we always start with a fly-by.

This year we were not so pleasantly surprised by a wild air plane guy. I was sure he was going to crash into the crowd. It was a windy day and I think he thought it would be funny to fly wild down Main street. UGH!!! who invited this guy?
So this is what our house looks like before the parade starts. Lots of kids waiting for candy. Doyle behind the BBQ and me taking pics.
Jessica and Gabby anxiously awaiting candy to be tossed their way.
This is a VERY loud parade. I think they call anyone who has a law enforcement vehicle and invites them be in the parade.
I'm not kidding
One of the not so many floats. I think there might have been 3 this year.....
We can't forget about the SCARY CLOWNS. Thank goodness I have not rubbed off on my kids, because I had the ZOOM on my camera as I stood way back from these guys.....All in all a good parade. The kids had fun.
Then we went to the park for some FREE fun.
Last year all these balloon toys cost, but this year they decided lets have it for FREE.....
they must have had pity on our kids...as last year they got one turn each.
Also to see this cute little baby tiger.
To bad we couldn't have our pictures taken with this cute little guy.I hope you all had a great 4th.

2 comments:

lynda said...

just saw your picture

lynda said...

hope you can read this