We have been talking with Juliee to find out what she wants to do after High School. About a year ago she said she wanted to go into the Army. Well I said NO!! so after that, she looked into different Colleges and Maybe being a Nannie. So now that it is getting to be time for submitting papers to Colleges. She was thinking Culinary Arts (Cooking). So we looked into the different Colleges she was thinking, and was trying to help her figure out how to pay for it not to mention housing and food. So among all the colleges calling to talk with her the Army recruiter called also. So We set up an appointment. This was last Tuesday18th. After finding out how she can get College paid for and room and board she fell in love with the Army. We thought OK you can do anything for 2 years RIGHT!!
So Friday she and Doyle took off for Portland. Doyle drove her to the Hotel that everyone stays at so they can get up at 4:00 am to start the day. She spent all morning Saturday going through physical testing and many different kinds of Dr. Test. We finally got the call at 1:00pm that she was done and we could come and meet with her and the Career counselor. So when we got there we found out she is slightly color blind so she can not cook for the Army. WHAT who would have known. So needless to say she will be a Human Resource Administrator. I think in the long run she will benefit more with this job.
OK for the Recruiter he said that a cook can sign up for 2 years. so that is totally what we had planned and talked about. Come to find out NOPE only combat is a 2 year sign up. So to make a long day short we talked for quite a while with Juliee in a private room and she sill came out wanting to sign up. So she will be enlisted for 4 years and 21 days. YIKES!!! this would have never crossed my mind as a teenager.
She leaves for South Carolina on July 7th 2009. She will be there for 4 months then she will find out where she will be stationed.
The 4 year talk....
are you sure you want to do this?????
all the girls there that day. WOW!!!
Her and her Recruiter.

What more can I say.....They grow up so fast.
3 comments:
I would have never guessed it! I hope she enjoys it and learns a lot! Too bad she didn't go Coast Guard! :0)
Holy Cow! I hope she likes Army life! That's a lot of taking orders and what not you know?
I am always amazed at how many female marines there are here at Camp Lejeune. Tons of them! And half of them are pregnant it seems, but that's beside the point. I'm sure it will be a good experience for her.
Post a Comment