Jan 13, 2009

Our new adventure.

Renee 5th grade
Thomas 8th grade


Well we have taken the challenge.



We decided after the Christmas break that we would keep 2 of our kids home to give them a more specialized education. So as we were driving to the Church to take half of them to Mutual, my 6 year old said "Mom why can't I be homeschooled?" I told her I need to start with just a few kids to get used to it. She was very upset and said "You like them More" Oh how that breaks my heart. I would keep them all home if I thought I could. My goal would be to bring them all home and have a little class room like our friends the Sheppard's. My kids love that room, and talk about how they would set up our classroom. Maybe next year.

We will be using the Connections Academy program. Can I just say it is very time consuming to register, but I hope it's worth it in the end. For me my Math skills I have found, ended early on in my education so my 8th grader will benefit greatly from this program I'm sure.

So bear with me as I share the ups and downs of our new challenge.
Also any Idea's you could pass along would be helpful

2 comments:

Tari said...

I'm so proud of you!!!!! You will love the Connections program. Huge help to have them lay out all the lessons for you and even a timeline! That's was the hardest part for me!!

Living Lavallee said...

Wow! Only someone like you could do that! I'm sure it will go great!