We have decided to make a family tradition.. When the kids graduate High School they get a trip with Mom and Dad all by themselves. This took place last June when we took Matthew to Williamsburgh and Washington DC.
So here is Sean's trip to Southern California last week.
Monday We flew into San Diego then headed over to Sea World for the after noon/evening.
As you can tell we did not sit in the soak zone....
We had dinner with Shamu.

Then on Tuesday morning we headed over the the San Diego Zoo. Sean has a love for animals so we would expect his Sr. trip to be all about animals. Keep reading to see what his other love is.

He fed the Turtles,

The best part for me was this very cute and cuddly panda

Just out walking her Wolf. This was amazing to see him just sniffing around.

Sean Feeding the giraffe. This is something I remember doing at the Portland Zoo as a child.

That afternoon we took a train ride up to Anaheim to Finnish our trip. I have never well that I can remember (my mom claims I have) taken a train ride like this. It was amazing to just sit back and see the sights up the coast of California. The tickets were $25.00 each. Can't beat that deal.

Can't do that in a car... We were in this part of the train by ourselves for a while it was nice and relaxing.

Maybe the suite case should have been sitting next to my rolly-polly body. Hey at least that is a water bottle and not a big old Dr. Pepper.

Doyle just wondered around taking pictures. This one was cool it is a picture of where we are going. We were in the front of the train.

Got to the Hotel and had the shuttle driver take us to the Airport. We had to pick up our rental car. So then back to the hotel for a relaxing night before we start our days of walking for hours again.
Wednesday Six Flags......OK so I was the designated picture taker. I never have and never will be a roller coaster rider. I have tried over the years and can't seem to like it one bit. Sean tried to get me on a few, but I reassured him I was fine just people watching and soaking in the
Sean feeding a batray.
Then on Tuesday morning we headed over the the San Diego Zoo. Sean has a love for animals so we would expect his Sr. trip to be all about animals. Keep reading to see what his other love is.
He fed the Turtles,
The best part for me was this very cute and cuddly panda
Just out walking her Wolf. This was amazing to see him just sniffing around.
Sean Feeding the giraffe. This is something I remember doing at the Portland Zoo as a child.
That afternoon we took a train ride up to Anaheim to Finnish our trip. I have never well that I can remember (my mom claims I have) taken a train ride like this. It was amazing to just sit back and see the sights up the coast of California. The tickets were $25.00 each. Can't beat that deal.
Sean and Mom waiting for our Train to board.
The train was a double decker, and I wanted the top. Unknown to me us lower class people with the $25.00 tickets had to sit up top.....YES!!!
Can't do that in a car... We were in this part of the train by ourselves for a while it was nice and relaxing.
Maybe the suite case should have been sitting next to my rolly-polly body. Hey at least that is a water bottle and not a big old Dr. Pepper.
Doyle just wondered around taking pictures. This one was cool it is a picture of where we are going. We were in the front of the train.
Got to the Hotel and had the shuttle driver take us to the Airport. We had to pick up our rental car. So then back to the hotel for a relaxing night before we start our days of walking for hours again.
Wednesday Six Flags......OK so I was the designated picture taker. I never have and never will be a roller coaster rider. I have tried over the years and can't seem to like it one bit. Sean tried to get me on a few, but I reassured him I was fine just people watching and soaking in the
California Sun.... If you have never been to Six Flags like we had not, just know there is nothing to do but ride roller coasters. So Sean and Doyle had a blast and I got some much needed sun.

Just a few views of Six Flags as I seen it.
Me people watching and getting sun.

Another new for us is stopping in Hollywood to check out the stars. OK I mean the stars on the ground. We had to limit Sean I think he would have stayed all night. So we walked down the sidewalk for a few blocks and up the other side. Look below and see what Doyle made me do.
Yes stand by this really scary Elvis guy. He was missing fingers and a guitar not to mention all the duck tape holding him together. Oh well

Then off to my favorite place Disneyland. I love Cinderella so here is my castle.... and my Prince

I love this part of the story.....

California adventures of course more rides/more people watching.

Got to get a picture of buzz and his girlfriend what was her name???

There she is, Alice the whole reason we took a trip to Disneyland. Sean LOVES Alice. So here goes the story. We walked around the tea cups and all the rides that had to do with her. No where to be found. I'm sure she only came out when we were gone. She new he was stalking her I'm sure. So we watched the parade go by (one of the workers told us she was getting ready for the parade so we seen it in a bad spot as she zoomed by.) Then we rushed to the other end of the park to get a glimpse of her again. We noticed were her float stopped as they preformed their routine. So for the next parade we would be ready to be right were her float was stopped. That is the picture of Doyle and I camped out for an hour or so.....anyway... We waited as the parade started we realized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now the parade was backwards. we were sitting at the end of the route not the front were ALICE was OH NO!!! what to do we can't move now it was stinking crowded so we stood and watched as she ZOOMED by again. Sorry Sean. So here are the pictures of Alice as she zoomed by our carefully staked out spot.




Ok so the night is over and the trip has come to an end we will load up and head to the airport in the morning. Can you say back ache....oh my was I sore.
Note to self, do not go to Disneyland in April . Apparently that is the month all the schools decide who will have spring break. All the schools are on different schedules so you can bet it will just be crowded the whole month.
Just a few views of Six Flags as I seen it.
Then off to my favorite place Disneyland. I love Cinderella so here is my castle.... and my Prince
I love this part of the story.....
California adventures of course more rides/more people watching.
Waiting for the parade....So cute.
Sean was off shopping at this point we were holding our spot to see Alice in Wonderland.
Got to get a picture of buzz and his girlfriend what was her name???
There she is, Alice the whole reason we took a trip to Disneyland. Sean LOVES Alice. So here goes the story. We walked around the tea cups and all the rides that had to do with her. No where to be found. I'm sure she only came out when we were gone. She new he was stalking her I'm sure. So we watched the parade go by (one of the workers told us she was getting ready for the parade so we seen it in a bad spot as she zoomed by.) Then we rushed to the other end of the park to get a glimpse of her again. We noticed were her float stopped as they preformed their routine. So for the next parade we would be ready to be right were her float was stopped. That is the picture of Doyle and I camped out for an hour or so.....anyway... We waited as the parade started we realized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now the parade was backwards. we were sitting at the end of the route not the front were ALICE was OH NO!!! what to do we can't move now it was stinking crowded so we stood and watched as she ZOOMED by again. Sorry Sean. So here are the pictures of Alice as she zoomed by our carefully staked out spot.
The best Fireworks ever. If you have not been to Disneyland and stayed for the fireworks you have been missing the best show ever. Tinkerbell comes flying out of the Matterhorn and flies around the castle. Then they have a story line with the fireworks.
JUST MAGICAL.
Ok so the night is over and the trip has come to an end we will load up and head to the airport in the morning. Can you say back ache....oh my was I sore.
We had fun with Sean and I think even though he didn't get a picture with Alice he had a good time too.
Next is Juliee. She graduates this June.
1 comment:
Well, it'a about time!!!!! I have been waiting and waiting to see all these great pics!!!!! Looks like you all had a great time! And I'm sure you are way more tan than me and it's only April......sigh.
Post a Comment