Feb 1, 2011

Hello

OK What to do????????

We have dinner groups at church. Well no one has actually put something together, until now. So my delema is I'm vegan. I don't want to put anyone out....NEVER, so do I say something or just show up and hope for veggie something or other....

HELP!!!!! Dinner group is this Saturday at 6pm.

2 comments:

Tari said...

That's a tough call!!! I would probably show up and hope for the best and if nothing works out for you to eat, just tell them that you ate before you came because you were not sure what they were having......unless you know them well and feel comfortable calling to ask ahead of time.

Heffalump said...

I think I'd bring a vegan sack lunch, just in case! Since you are going to be doing dinner with the same people each time, maybe some of them will clue in and help you out, although it is really easy to slip up when you are trying to cook vegan and you aren't used to it. I know I always have to carefully go through and make sure I didn't put any butter or dairy of any kind in when I cook for you. For someone who is not used to it, they might not be thinking about eggs, or chicken broth and might just concentrate on worrying about meat itself. Vegan is so much more than vegetarian.