Oct 31, 2011

Harvest Party

I'm not one to take my kids (all 7 of them) house to house begging for candy we don't need. A couple of years ago a good friend shared with me what they do to make it an enjoyable night.

They have a Harvest Party, so we have borrowed this idea and we love it.


The kids still dress up, but they pick from the dress up box. This year I did add a few new cheap things to the box. Gabby, Jessica and Ethan's little add-ons


We start the night off with a Treat Walk. We have a bag full of treats that we never buy, but one time a year....and you guessed it Halloween. Fruit Pies, Ding Dongs, and Twinkies.....

Then outside for a very WET and COLD dip in the apple tub....
I forgot to take off the stems. Smart girls.Last but not least.....The trick is to eat the donuts with out hands, and this year before they fell off the string. I guess I need to buy the real Thing, no short cuts next year.



Baby Sean watching all the silly kids.



We have a very sweet neighbor and she had told the kids earlier in the week they better come to her house on Halloween. So we had to go to her house and get a HUGE bag of candy....Really just needed that one house and we have enough Chocolate for a year.
Baby Sean's first trick or treat candy.
We decided we should go to the other neighbors house on the other side of us.......lets just say NEVER AGAIN.....
lesson learned




We ended the night with The SMURF movie. Yep loaded all the sugar filled kids and took them to a movie night. We have these wonderful Movie passes. You can take the kids to 10 movies over a 10 week period and it is only 8.00. So that is .80cents a movie. The funny thing is parents and Grandparents get in for free with the kids. Did you notice the nice looking OLD LADY in our pictures. Yep you guessed it Mikalah got in free. I tried to tell the lady we had 8 tickets and needed to pay for 2 extra. She wouldn't let me. Grandma's get in for FREE!!!!! hahahaha

Another Ball Family Harvest Party Success.....

1 comment:

Living Lavallee said...

Such a good idea! I'm not a fan of the door to door begging either, but hubby thinks they'll miss out on their childhood, so he gets to do it. I had to take a second look at "Grandma" too.