Oct 24, 2008

Flashback Friday

October for me marks a very big life change. IT is my Vegan Birthday 1 year ago this month I decided that my body was not healthy and only I could do something about it. All through my life I have been grossed out by the thought of where my food comes from. If my kids would ask where does a hamburger come from it was known at our table you don't say anything. I would loss my appetite.
I would pray time and time again for help with my weight. Until one day I realized I was addicted to food. I didn't eat it because it made me healthy I ate it because it made me feel good emotionaly. So one day I was at costco and found a book that talked about food addiction. I picked it up (although the cover used a word not heard in my house) I thumbed through it and read all abou ME!!! So I took it home (after paying for it) and read into the night. I found myself sobbing after hearing how these animals are treated. Why was I eating something that would make me sick to think about just because everyone else was? So this marks the change in my life. I have NOT eaten anything that has come from an animal in 12 months. I have eaten to Feed my body, not emotinaly, but physicaly.
The most amazing thing I would have to say that has happend is I can go POTTY...(ok to much info), but it is true. All growing up it would be 4-5 days before anything would come out. Now I feel healthy and low and behold I have lost weight. Go figure.

So here is the Flashback part of the blog. Before and after pictures.

This is the FUN PART!!!!



So there you have my story. Yes I still cook meat and put cheese on my families pizza,
BUT I don't have to eat it. I still have 15 # to go, and I know the only thing I could be doing differently is exercise. So Maybe someday I will find a magical book at costco that will make me sob my self excited about excercise.










2 comments:

Tari said...

LOVE YOUR POST!!!!! Ok, my computer was down all day and I am just now seeing your blog. That is awesome!!!! Way to go. You should be very proud of yourself.

Living Lavallee said...

You are awesome! I have no such discipline. One exercise program I know if is called Oxycise (I found it cheaper on ebay than on the www.oxycise.com website). I was never disciplined enough to do it every day, and I always seemed to get a cold when I'd start trying to do it, so maybe it's not such a good system... but it's all about breathing deeply while doing these stretches, that would actually make me sore like I really had worked out.