Pick your battles.....
Well the tip of the day came from a good friend of mine. When she was reminded of her Teenage Son's Long hair pulled back in a pony tail she said...."Yes he does, but he doesn't Drink, Do Drugs or have Sex".
So there you have it. Choose your battles. This is what we have decided to make for the teen motto in our home. Sean, Sean Sean.....Well lets just say he keeps us true to this motto. He let his hair grow out to cover his eye's. Not sure why, but he wanted to. Not that we didn't mention hair cuts often we still choose to let it go.....
Then on Sunday he said "Dad I want a hair cut" OK after the shock wore off Dad said sure, but I only do one style. Short buzz cut. Sean said I'm ready. So off to the kitchen they went. As the hair fell to the floor you could see the look in Sean's eye's wondering what he was really doing. The look in our eye's was FINALLY!!! As the other kids came into the room they all where saying you look like Matthew....Well not the thing to say, so he said I want it all off . Shave it. After many word of Sean it looks good just as a short Buzz. We decided this is not one we choose to worry about.
Well the moral of this story is pick your Battles. That is what we will choose to do every day we have Teenagers living in our home.
Here is our New razor smooth Sean.
I Like to encourage him to wear his beanie. To bad he can't have it on at Church....
1 comment:
Wow! He looks like a totally different person!!!!!! I have been pretty sick of my hair lately....hmmmm, maybe I should give that style a try!!! Would be easier in the mornings!! But seriously, it looks great. You guys are so smart. Picking your battles should be EVERY parents motto!!!!
Post a Comment