9 years old
Chloe joined our family when she was 5 years old. I remember getting the call. Bonnie we have 3 young girls that need a 24 hour placement. Do you think your family could take them in for the night until we figure things out. of course I said SURE!!! Then told Doyle (I'm so bad) Hey we can do anything for 24 hours right????
When the DHS car pulled up my heart started racing. WOW 3 little girls. Gabby and Jessica were too young to really know what was happening at that time, but NOT CHLOE She was Screaming her Little heart out. She grabbed hold of the inside of the car and the caseworker couldn't get her out. so I said let me try. I reached in and TOOK her out. The caseworker was amazed. Hey you do what you have to do. Then in the house we went. The older kids were not home yet, but when they got home they were so excited. From that day on Chloe, Renee, and Mikalah have been best friends. The plan was always return to Mom, but as time went on it was hard not to get attached. I remember taking all the kids to McDonald's walking crossed the parking lot and looking at Chloe and Thomas. I had a strong feeling she was ours. Then I quickly slap myself for getting too attached. They did go live with Birth Mom for 3 months, but then they came back into care. I got that phone call and was SHOCKED!!! Bonnie, We have a placement for you if you will take them. OK who is it this time. We had Already had 16 different kids placed with us over a period of 3 years. They said the girls Chloe, Gabby and Jessica. WOW of course. Then they said it, We can only place them with you if you are interested in Adopting them. Sign me UP!



Chloe joined our family when she was 5 years old. I remember getting the call. Bonnie we have 3 young girls that need a 24 hour placement. Do you think your family could take them in for the night until we figure things out. of course I said SURE!!! Then told Doyle (I'm so bad) Hey we can do anything for 24 hours right????
When the DHS car pulled up my heart started racing. WOW 3 little girls. Gabby and Jessica were too young to really know what was happening at that time, but NOT CHLOE She was Screaming her Little heart out. She grabbed hold of the inside of the car and the caseworker couldn't get her out. so I said let me try. I reached in and TOOK her out. The caseworker was amazed. Hey you do what you have to do. Then in the house we went. The older kids were not home yet, but when they got home they were so excited. From that day on Chloe, Renee, and Mikalah have been best friends. The plan was always return to Mom, but as time went on it was hard not to get attached. I remember taking all the kids to McDonald's walking crossed the parking lot and looking at Chloe and Thomas. I had a strong feeling she was ours. Then I quickly slap myself for getting too attached. They did go live with Birth Mom for 3 months, but then they came back into care. I got that phone call and was SHOCKED!!! Bonnie, We have a placement for you if you will take them. OK who is it this time. We had Already had 16 different kids placed with us over a period of 3 years. They said the girls Chloe, Gabby and Jessica. WOW of course. Then they said it, We can only place them with you if you are interested in Adopting them. Sign me UP!




Best Friends
What a blessing. So needless to say Doyle doesn't believe the State when they say. Oh it is just for 24 hours. I say bring it on.
2 comments:
I have fond memories of Chloe. Shortly after she joined your family, I was her primary teacher. She would always sit on my lap during sharing time. Although I felt a little awkward holding a girl on my lap (especially with only having boney-bummed little boys at the time,) it still boosted my self-esteem that she liked me enough to sit on my lap.
Happy Birthday, Chloe!
I love all the pics and the memory of how she joined your family!!!
Post a Comment