Jul 28, 2009

back yard again

We drive Hwy 26 OFTEN!!!! We always drive by the sign for Saddle Mountain.



Well we did it today.

We took that LoNg, WiNdY, bUmPy road 7 miles up.


To

Saddle Mountain

the kids and I

with our friends

the Peiffers arrived to take on the Mountain.




This was a side trail to see Humbug Mt. view area (.2 miles) OK who's Idea was this? Take a look at the stairs nature created for us. Thank goodness Man put in a rope or we would have never made.



The Ball Family at the Top

OK Not really.......

This was about a quarter of the way MAYBE.



Great view.

The girls taking a break. I'm sure they were waiting for Me to catch my breath.


Don't let the smile fool you she was Not a happy hiker!!!






Yet another break. Waiting for the Mom's







Look at Mikalah's face she was done.






Once a gain we found a very nice stranger ;)

Group shot






OK I have to tell you besides the Heat, the flies were the worst part.

I'm not sure what died, but there was a million or more flies eating us.

The kids were totally disgusted....

They were everywhere!!!










So Matthew is a Hiker.....He was going to the top. I knew I wouldn't make it so I told him you go ahead and we will wait....Well at the bottom of the hill, waiting for what seemed like and hour or so I decided I made a mistake in telling him that. So after many prayers and frustrated kids. We were all trying to come up with a plan as to leave Matthew there or leave the keys hanging on the tree for him to drive home. WE were done!!!!


WE did some more exploring and found some camp sites.


I hope no one is home. WE just sat on their table.



Me and the girls



Tari and I was having a great time.

The kids were not impressed.





There he IS

MATTHEW!!!!


We Were all so hot we had to find water. So we drove down to the Old Sitka Spruce tree and found water. A fun little creek.
Klootchy Creek






Finally cooled off.
The kids had a great time.

So I told the kids. Don't get your pants wet. So they thought if I roll up my shorts I can go in further. Then it happened. The inevitable....They went under. So needless to say we had wet clothes and they didn't care ;)

Matthew posing for a picture to post on his facebook.



Then we headed up to the old tree. Took a family shot.

Sean was with us in body, maybe not in happiness.....


A short hike around the grounds,

A kid shot,



And only one injury...Thank goodness Samantha had her first aid kit.

Another GREAT day with the Peiffers.
Thanks again for cooling off with us.

No comments: