I have posted before about Freecycle. I love this program. I get rid of stuff I don't need and someone else gets something they were looking for. We have some neighbor's that moved out and have been trying to sell their house. Well with this economy they have had no luck. Not to mention the stuff they left behind. So my friend will be renting that house this next month. I offered to freecycle some of their left items.
I'm happy to say a very needed king size mattress and box springs went to a family that the mom and dad were sleeping on the floor. Just last night I was able to get rid of 2 night stands to a family that just moved here from California and they were just looking for something to put their stuff on.
Also yesterday was a very nice day at the beach. So I decided to put a few items out for FREE in front of my house....My Husband HATES!!!!!! this. But I put out about 5 things one being a sink/cabinet and medicine cabinet that was in storage from when we remodeled our bathroom 3 years ago.....I went into the house to get more stuff came out and it was all gone. I said What happened to the free stuff????? My mom said "isn't that the idea someone takes it all". So all day I put stuff out and it walked away to a home that could use it.
I had fun.
2 comments:
Wow! We have so much stuff- I need to try that. :)
Way to go! I need to do that!
Post a Comment