Oct 19, 2009


Ok I have 52 days until MY magic Birthday....the big 40.
Last week I went for my Mammogram..Let me say it was not half as bad as it is made out to be. So I walk into this office filled with all sorts of people. I tell them my name and they ask me to be seated. Then I wait as people are called up to check in. Finally my name is called....Here goes. So I give her my Drivers License (I guess someone else could have been really nice and pretend to be me and do this for me) and Insurance card. Then they asked me to be seated and they would call me soon....So I acted calm as I read the latest gossip magazine...I didn't even know John and Kate plus 8 were getting divorced...

Then the name was called Bonnie Ball Come this way. So I followed this nice looking lady down the hall. She showed me into a little stall....Please get undressed above the waist, put this gown on and someone will be here to get you. More gossip to read so I sat patiently...

The knock on the little stall door signaled it was my turn. Come follow me so I walked behind a very nice lady following her into a dim lit room with a big machine. Ok take one arm out of your gown and lean into this big machine..OK first off the gown was just falling off anyway so I ditched it. Standing there topless...A bit uncomfortable. Then the first picture she took she said ok don't breath.....click then OK you can breath now. I told her I have not been breathing way before she said don't breath...Kind of had to laugh. So as I maneuvered every which way I was DONE!! NOT BAD AT ALL I though.

She walked me back to my stall and said go ahead and have a seat, don't get dressed I will be right back. She came back and informed me she needed to take some more pictures. OK WHAT DOES THIS MEAN...she messed up I'm sure. So we go back in and we focus on the right side only. My heart beats a bit faster. It is harder to hold my breath. So all done again. She said I will take you back to your stall, but a lady will be coming to get me for an ultrasound. Now I stay as calm as can be. I wait, no desire to read the gossip....What would my life look like if I had breast cancer. I guess I never thought about it really. So all sorts of stuff went through my mind. The ultrasound lady came and asked me to gather all my stuff I wouldn't be coming back to this stall.

I lay and have an ultrasound done. Now that was PAINFUL.... All done now wait for the Doctor to come in and talk with you. A very nice Doctor lady came in and told me I have 2 benign cyst on the right side. Nothing to be worried about, but good to know. So I got dressed and went on my way. I'm glad I did this and I want to share with all that it was not as bad as I was lead to believe.

Tonight I went to the store to get an ice pack for my right Achilles heel. It has been hurting for a couple of months now. So when I went into the Doctor for my Yearly I told her. Ice it before and after exercise she told me so there is my ice pack... Also I have not really been able to read close up for some time. I just put it off, but when I go to the Doctors or somewhere to sign papers I can't read the writing. So I found a great little pare of readying glasses. Now to remember to take them with me.


Sorry so long, but I have been going through lots of pre 40 stuff.

2 comments:

Tari said...

You Rock!!! I'm so proud of you for going and doing that!!!! I might give it a whirl.......maybe.

Kandi said...

Good for you Bonnie! Glad to hear everythings alright. I had my first mamogram a couple months ago and I agree, it really wasn't that bad at all. I was all anxious before I went, anticipating all this pain from being squished, but then it was really nothing. Isn't the pre-40's stuff fun. My husband thinks I'm falling apart with my moans and groans some days, lol.