Dec 8, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

I will take you threw Thanksgiving day at the Ball House...
First we start with a BIG breakfast..all the trimmings. including Egg Nog, but this is Doyle's plate so he got play old milk.
I use my Christmas plates but one time a year. So this year I told the kids to go fetch the Christmas plates we will be eating off them for Thanksgiving Breakfast and Dinner. Even the little kids WOW!!!! After a great breakfast we surprised the kids with a trip to the local tree farm....Ok just one I found in the paper that was open Thanksgiving.
So we searched and searched the forest of trees......





WE found this cute little mushroom...reminded us of Alice and Wonderland...did I mentions Sean is in love with Alice. I tried to get him to get down by the mushroom so I could take a picture, but he wouldn't hear of it.




Oh and by the way I'm totally in charge of the perfect tree....So we searched and Searched




Ethan found one...




This is all the kids wishing mom would just pick a tree already!!!!!!!!


Finally back to the one we started at...Matthew started the cutting job



Then we hauled it back to the barn





Back at the barn we were greeted with hot chocolate and apple cider...the kids loved this part.


Mom and Dad did also

Mom and her oldest boy




The Ball Family at the Tree Farm.

Here we are all loaded up with tree on top.


Then back home just in time for Turkey. YUMMY!!





Doyle's Plate


Bonnie's Plate

The Family is all together this Holiday. Crossing our fingers for the same at Christmas.


Italian Sodas for drink...Juliee and Emaliee are doing the blending.


Ethan seems to be enjoying his


Then the Missionaries showed up for a round of basketball



Let the fun begin


They had to take off their jackets...This was getting competitive.


Pie anyone??


Those sister love their pie

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours.

2 comments:

Tari said...

You updated your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!! Great pics on Thanksgiving!!!!!

Heffalump said...

How local is this tree farm? Is it really local? Or is it an hour or two away?
It's lovely to see an update!