Aug 27, 2011

Chinese....






This is my OPINION
don't anyone get mad at me.


Moving to another town has had its ups and downs. Date night has become a challenge to find the right Chinese and Mexican restaurants. At the Beach we knew where to eat the best Chinese and our favorite Mexican restaurant. So we have been on a food/ restaurant hunt out here in St. Helens.

Let me just say EVERYONE I talked to said the best Chinese food is *****. Well that would be great considering it is less then a block away from our house. We had dreams of walking to our date night dinner and enjoying a close Chinese restaurant.

The first time we ate at this restaurant we walked in and were greeted by a young blond teenager. OK I thought, not the little Chinese lady I was hoping for, but we will see. Also everyone working there that we seen was not of the Chinese decent. For ME this is a big deal. If I want to eat at a restaurant I want it to be authentic in every way. Then there was the music I think it might have been Z100 I'm not sure. Coming from a house where we do not watch TV or listen to music other then church music this was another mark against this being a favorite Date night location.

We sat down to eat and had fried won tons. (I know, I know bad, bad, bad.....but my little cheat OK) They brought out this sweat and sour sauce that was just not quite like I remember it being at every other Chinese restaurant. I took a few bites and it had a different taste. Not a bad taste, but something was not right. Then I figured it out. It tasted like they had put the beef drippings in the sauce. This being a problem for me since I have not eating ANIMAL for over 3 years. I literally was sick to my stomach. Walked out of the restaurant and did not eat my meal.

All in All the atmosphere was like I was eating at a Denny's

SOOOOOOOOO

The good news is we found a cute little Chinese Restaurant called:

Happy Garden


I must say the restaurant it self doesn't look like your typical Chinese restaurant. Tonight they didn't even ask if we wanted Hot Tea (which is OK we would politely decline it anyways) Also every time we have eaten there we have had a young not Chinese girl take our order. The big difference is they are more then happy to help us and they are dressed modestly. The best part is EVERYONE else working there is who you would think would make the best Chinese dishes. With a little piano music in the back ground it is a wonderful place to eat. But how is the food you ask..........

The Best!!!! in my book. We talked to the Chinese lady working there and she said we only serve fresh, because that is what we eat.....So cute!!!! Look at that big chunk of Tofu...mmmm


So this is were we eat if we choose Chinese for Date night.


And we always have leftovers for the next day. YUMMY!!




No comments: