To our surprise Doyle got one t00
We walked into our room and thought "WHERE IS THE BED?" Oh the bell hop pulled it out of the wall...NICE not!!! It was like sleeping on a piece of plywood. I slept on it one night then the rest was on the couch. So much for sleeping with my husband on vacation hahahaha
One of many Sunsets
Church
I LOVE that we can go to church when we are on vacation and it is pretty much like being at home. So here we are waiting for the bus. Even though Doyle was sure we could just walk the 5 miles...right!!!
If you ever attend the LDS Church in Waikiki don't be surprised if you get called upon to read a really long story in front of the Sunday School class or summarize a chapter in front of everyone in RS from the scriptures. Yep happened to me....YIKES!!!!
They have lots of visitors and are not afraid to put us on the spot....good times. Doyle said I did good reading my LONG story during Sunday School but I had to ask to keep the paper so I could later read what I had read in front of everyone.
I love Hawaiian flowers.
Day and Night
Taking a break to talk with Matthew. We are thinking he might come home for Labor day weekend. We hope so.
More flowers. I might have to print this one and hang it in my bathroom.
Music on the Waikiki beach.
This was random people playing instruments that 3 people brought to the beach. People would just walk up and grab something and start playing it..Sounded really cool
Even the Salsa Can came in handy.
Flowers oh so beautiful
On a nightly walk we found hula dancers. I loved watching them as the sun set.
Polynesia Cultural Center
Hair was a big deal....the more you had the more important you were. Oh and do not touch or you will be killed. Kind of sounds like the 80's hair styles.......
This is 2 beds. The tall one for the Chief....his "FAVORITE" Wife got to sleep next to him on the floor. If they wanted to have some together time He had to go to her bed. She was never allowed on his.
This was the funniest show I have ever seen.....
We will call this guy DC.... (He was at church with us on Sunday.)
This guy was so funny, but a "little" to stuck on him self for me. But we did get a picture together anyways.
Our tour guy....Saying goodbye to Brian. He sent us off to dinner and that was that.....
OH look another Lei....This trip was making up for the last I tell ya....
Roasted Pig anyone
TEMPLE GROUNDS
Our new friend Sister Taputea. She has been on her mission 7 days in this picture. The best part is she had never walked all the way up to the doors of the Temple and we asked her to walk with us. She was so excited. We found out she is also adopted and has a sister that lives in Oregon. She just visited her and loved all the green. Our new pin pal
This ice cream treat was offered all day long.....the bummer is we knew at our night show it would be free so we watched as everyone ate their $5.00 ice cream, but then Doyle and Emaliee finally got one.
I gave my free card to the cute young couple next to us...They were so excited.
I love this picture...I can't wait to hang it on our wall...
Here he is. The fire guy. After the show playing with fire he came out to promote his paintings and let us have a picture with him. Funny little guy....
Doyle's part of the trip finally Pearl Harbor...
USS Missouri
This is the spot that Japan surrendered. Even though the ship was just off the coast of Japan when this took place, this plaque is the spot were it all happened. Cool!!
This lady is the Grand Daughter of one of the hula girls in the picture to her right. The other 2 girls are her grandma's cousins. So fun to listen to her story...
More pictures of her family that would come and dance for the sailors coming into port. This all before the attack on Pearl Harbor.
THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We all had to leave the building
because they had a bomb threat......
So we waited and waited. Doyle was kind of sad we were missing our tour of the airplanes, but to our surprise we got to go back in. All clear... the bummer is we only got to see one hanger, but hey better then none right???
So here is this guy flying around with his son minding their own business at about 2000 feet. Then all around them Japan starts bombing... They were the only civilians to make it down alive. This is the actual airplane and the last one of its kind.
Here is the plane that crash landed on an small island Japan thought to be uninhabited. Little did they know there was a family farm on this Island and they knew if anyone landed here it didn't mean anything good. Long and very interesting story.
Emaliee made a friend....
Doyle next to a Legacy....The USS Kitty Hawk. The ship he was on in the Navy.
USS Arizona Memorial
Men that died on the USS Arizona the day it was bombed Dec 7th 1941
We even found W.V.Ball not sure yet if any relation, but just wanted the picture in case we find out he was.
I love this picture...
The resting place for those that gave their life that day on the USS Arizona
Amazing feeling to look over into the water and realize this is the ship that was sunk almost 70 years ago.
Submarine USS Bowfin
I don't like small places...Kind of freaked out, but I did it. I went down into a submarine for my first time. See I can do hard stuff.
We had little head sets that we punched in the blue # to hear where we were at on the sub.
This was the ONE and ONLY time I will be doing this so I wanted to make the most of it. Cross that off my bucket list....not really sure it was even on there, but hey.
One time BEACH shot. The beach had very little sand space that someone was not laying on so her it is.
Well there you have it.....I realized I need to get this posted, because I can't post anything else until I do......
1 comment:
Looks like such blast! Made me miss my family trip we took to hawaii :)
Post a Comment