May 18, 2009

Our Weekend

Friday night was the annual Father Son camp out. I tried talking Doyle into taking Ethan the 2 year old, but he decided Thomas would be a handful enough. I don't blame him, but it would have been very exciting for him to chase a 2 year old around. Maybe next year.....Breakfast on Saturday. Pancakes, biscuits and gravy, and Sausage.
Such a guy thing....
Thomas and some boys building a dam.


Then it is time to pack up...

Saturday afternoon
Doyle was driving home and came across this....After realizing it was not our house . He had to drive around the fire. The street was blocked off to our road so we were able to make it home.


The paper today said this house is almost a total loss. They said it was valued at 160,000. and it has 140,000. damage...OK what is up with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did they save the kitchen or something give me a break I think it should just be a total loss. CRAZY



So the kids took advantage and had lunch on the front porch. Watching all the excitement.

Someone forgot to tell the bus driver her route was a bit disrupted.........She was not happy about turning that big bus around....
My day started by taking the girls to the church and cleaning it. How convenient, Doyle signed us up to clean when it was Father Son camp out....Just kidding it was on accident I'm sure :)
So then the older girls stayed at the church to make pizza's. They sold these pizza's as a fundraiser for girls camp. The bummer is they sold to a family that lives down the street from us and had to deliver the pizza's. So they got to walk through the mess of fire trucks.
Last but not least SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Doyle had to give a talk in Rainer so I decided to stay in our Ward with the kids. I was getting everyone gathered up and ready for Church. I asked Thomas if he had taken the dogs out. He said no and went out to take them potty. So as I'm rushing around the house getting every ones last minute brush through their hair I told everyone to get in the van.
Kids in the big bus and we took off. I send the kids into the church so we can get our seat as I get the baby out of the van. We all make it into the church sit down and take a deep breath............
Then I look around..............Where is Thomas?????????? I was thinking he was wondering the halls......Then Mikalah said did he get in the van? You know come to think of it I told him to take the dogs out. Maybe he didn't.
OK SO 10 OUT OF 11 KIDS IS NOT BAD RIGHT?????


The day ends with a walk in the back yard.........Everyone safe and sound.

2 comments:

Tari said...

Wowee, talk about action packed!!!! That was quite the post! I'm very impressed. We had our Father/son campout as well, but the girls and I just sat around, bored stiff. It was soooo quiet!! We did rent a movie and brought home Baja Fresh but like you, we had so many girls at home that it wasn't like we were going to go shopping or out to eat.....oh well. We did go to the Farmer's Market Saturday morning.....that was about the most exciting thing we did.

Living Lavallee said...

It had to happen at some point!