Feb 24, 2010

Apple and Pumpkin Pie

Our Wednesday activity was a sweet surprise....
Pie making time:



I had Ethan join in this one... Not sure if that was good or bad. He loved it, but I'm sure it was a bit more stressful




There you have it 2 beautiful Pumpkin pies




Now to start with the apples....Everyone helped peel them






Then to add the sugar and spice




Flatten out the top crust.


All about the hands



now to try and get it up



Teaching how to shape the top crust.


Kids turn......
The kids loved playing with the extra dough. "It's like play dough Mom"




a pinch here and a tuck there...




Two Apple Pies ready for the oven


There you have it another
VERY FUN afternoon
with our Friend Mrs.P


Now lets eat Pie

2 comments:

Kathy Finch said...

My cousin Pamel "Mrs P" sure looks like she is having the time of her life. She is blessed to have a family like your close by.

She sent me this link and I have enjoyed the morning looking through your postings.

It brought back memories of sending my own 4 boys out on missions.

I love that you have a big family and enjoy doing family activities. I love even more that you have chosen to share them with me.

Thank you very much.

Kathy Finch
Arlington WA 3rd Ward

J-Dog said...

Yummy pie...